Tuesday I came home to a quiet house. Frankie Cat purrrrring his hellos. I said goodbye to Max early that morning as he was off to China. It's always difficult when he is so far away but we find our ways to keep in touch and stay connected miles and hours apart.
That night I found note after note in my home. It warmed my heart. And to my surprise, they kept showing up.
Like I've always said, it's the little things. The little things make the heart flutter.
Always find a reason to laugh. It may not add years to your life but will surely add life to your years.
I know, I know. We're not cuddling up by a fire; we're gearing up for summer. BUT, my client and I found some wonderful styling pieces that make you want to sink into that sofa or curl up with a good book.
At the Penn Residence, just about everything is new. The home was gutted and rebuilt with such beautiful finishes. However, my clients have decided to use their current furniture with the exception of some styling accessories. We recently purchased a few pillows and a throw for their living room. These are simple yet stunning decor pieces with high quality texture. Take a look.
So, with that being said ... next time you plan to cozy up, be sure to do it with style! A remodel does not always require new buys. Use what you have and style it up with small accessories to add new life and a bit of shine.
Uber excitement. That's what I'm feeling.
So, there are these lights from Schoolhouse Electric + Supply Co. that I have been dying to use in a project, whether it be my home or a client's, AND I finally purchased them!
I am currently working on a children's room for a boy and a girl. These lights are going to be perfect for their bedside reading.
Check back in to find out what colors we're going to be using.
When I look back and think about my day, I realize that it was sprinkled with so much goodness.
- I woke up next to the man I love.
- Took a walk in the sun with my best friend and business partner to grab a latte.
- Trained some amazing clients that worked their butt off!
- Received news that my 89 years young grandmother is recovering like a ROCKSTAR in the hospital after surgery.
- Sailed through a productive day at a job I love.
- Went for a run.
- Pampered myself with a mani pedi.
- Met with a design client and gushed over some gorgeous pillows and throws.
- Cooked a wonderful dinner and sketched out some designs.
- Settled into bed with the cutest kitten in the world.
My heart is full of love. Full of gratitude.