As the mother of two cool cats, I understand when clients ask how I can incorporate their pet's furniture and playful elements when designing their space. Pet furnishings have come a long way. New modern designs can compliment interiors and even serve multiple purposes. Here are some thoughtful and stylish designs to inspire you to think outside the box.
If you are on a budget, one of the simplest DIY pet beds is a beautiful basket with a faux fur or another fun textile to compliment your living space. My fellow cat lovers know that a cat's favorite toy and place to sit is always the most random unconventional one, so don't be afraid to get creative.
Left to right from top to bottom.
1. Calabash Swing, $162 by Kitticraft
2. Welcome Home Shelf, $180 by The9life
3. Cat Nap Cocoon, $53 by Vaivanat on Etsy
4. Nightstand-house, available upon request by Laia Fuste
5. Cat Toy, available upon request by Laia Fuste
6. Modern Cat House, $450 by Modernmews on Etsy
7. Teepee Playhouse, $35 by Suck UK
8. Standard Cabinet, $655 by Modernist Cat